Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More Stems

Even though I knew it would happen, I'm still surprised at how different Doodleplex: Part II is turning out to be... 


I wasn't initially planning on stitching these stems first, but I'm trying to practice that whole "things in the background go first" thing since I have yet to get the hang of it. 

My proof: the fact that the purple-blue center of the flower was supposed to have a smooth petal-esque edge.


So far, I'm still sticking with the stem stitch here. I have to admit that I really like the stem-stitch, especially how it looks when I use two colors, like I did with my previous stems in Doodleplex: Part I. Here, I'm using a dark teal and a grey-ish dark beige (Anchor colors 851 and 393, respectively).


More progress.

And then:


Done!

I made a few booboos with the outline, but I tried to work with them as per the essence of the Doodle.


And a closeup:


^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment