Thursday, August 8, 2013

Return of the needle lace?

So, a while ago I found that big piece of canvas that I used to practice my needle lace stitches on. (Yay!). At first, I was like "eh" -- I'd given up needle lace, right?

Enter a topic of my last few posts: needle lace with tatting thread 0.o

Before embarking on any sort of project, I decided to give the ol' stitch sample routine a try.


Not too bad, huh? 

As you guys know, my eyes aren't exactly the best on the market--which means that I was very happy to see how much larger the stitches are with tatting thread. 

I can actually see them! 

To give you guys an example of what I mean, observe: 


There's a little bit of a difference, if I do say so myself. 

The second sample (on the left) is in Gutermann #50 thread, and it has the same number of rows as my #30 Omega tatting thread.

O.O

Bolstered by these results, I decided to whip out one of my old (and barely started) needle lace projects. It only had the outline, so it wasn't too hard to rip out and redo. 


I'd like to point out that I'm using the scraps from my previous tatting projects, so this will probably end up looking like a hungover rainbow. 

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment