Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hee Hee ^_^

Slow and steady, but I'm getting there!! 

I expect that I might be done some time before 2020--but that has yet to be seen. 

Also, more doodleplex!!

You may not be able to see, but I've decided to branch out from the chain stitch and have now tried both french knots (the light blue dots)  and satin stitch (the red archy things). 

For the archy things on the left side, I tried them normally without padding. Thanks to one of Mary Corbet's recent posts about splitting floss, I got the idea to combine several strands of sewing thread to "make" embroidery floss. I used two strands for the one on the bottom left, and four for the rest. 
On the left-hand side, I took a shot at "padding" and found it way easier.

What I like about Doodlplex is, since it's just a massive embroidery doodle, I don't have to worry about it being too perfect or symmetrical as that would defeat the purpose.
I like that. A lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment