Thursday, February 27, 2014

Doodleplex Part I: Done

Now, if you recall, during my last post on Doodleplex, I showed off the new flowers--but there was something showing over on the edges of the pictures.

Exhibit A: A stem stitched stem (*gasp*).
I used two shades of green together (a dark forest green and then a lighter, but still kind of dark olive-ish green) and stitched one line that easily covered the outline.
I wasn't sure it would work, but if you look closely you can see that it gives it this cool shading effect--though it doesn't show too well on camera.

After that, and with many a headache, I added the leaves in fishbone stitch (first time using it!), as seen here:

And as you can also see, I went a little nuts with the french knots--but I used a pearl cotton, so it wasn't as hard!
Originally, I tried using a strand of white tatting cotton and the pearl cotton together and make the flowers out of that, but it didn't exactly work out the way I'd hoped.

Still, I wanted a white flower.

So I did the other one in white.

I inverted the colors of the flowers I'd used. I thought I'd like the white one better, as it wouldn't be as bold as the gold one, but I have to say that they both have their charm.

And finally! This "circle" of Doodleplex is done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment