Saturday, September 29, 2012

Busy Busy Days

Boy oh boy, it's been a hectic few days. Last week I was running around town doing errands for my parents, and I didn't sleep Friday night so I could wake them up in time for my dad to leave for the airport at 3:30 in the morning, and Saturday and Sunday it was essentially just regrouping for me and my mom--you know, holding down the fort n' all.

Anywho, I've started and finished a few projects:

1. still trying to make more "real" bobbins:

   Don't they look smart? I whittled the tips down to points and glued beads on them. It was what kept me up while my dad went to the ER (long story better suited to another blog).

Here you see them in action:

I was pretty proud of myself--but then pride always comes before the fall right?

There is now one left. The friggidy frackin' beads kept falling off. Grrr.

C'est la vie...

Also, I've been tatting away. I'm retatting Anna's Doily and here's a general summary of my progress:

So, I'm using Omega cotton crochet thread, size 30. This is the second version of this doily, which I'm also using to refine the pattern.

I will soon post before and after shots so you guys can see the differences =D

Also, I've been working on Evelyn's doily, and started work on a new doily (mat?) which, up to this point, decided to dub: the Flow Doily.

I had some rather... irritating problems with the first round of the Flow Doily. I wonder if you can see what it was...

I tried to figure out what went wrong, but I didn't pin it down until after I started and finished version 2.0 of the first round. What I did, was essentially make it in two parts that I joined together at the center.

And I must say that I rather liked the effect.

 Anywho, that's as far as I've gotten on Flow.

The thing that Flow did for me though, was made me remember something that I saw on YouTube, about starting from a chain instead of a ring. I then realized that it was the way I had started the previous time (from a ring, with the chain coming out from the center) that had left no room for the last chain of the round to join.

So, then comes the redo of the first round of Evelyn's doily. I wanted to retat it, testing and such, and I did--and I will soon post pictures of how it turned out =D


P.S. My dad took the camera with him to the states, so the reason these pictures are so fuzzy is because I took them with the camera on my phone, which I've had for about... 6 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment