Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I've been a bad blogger... again

It's been... I'd have to say, at the very least, a week since I last worked on Buttaflies and I haven't shown my progress!

I forgot! 

>_<

So, to make things short and sweet, behold!: 


As you can see, Buttaflies is almost complete! 

I do admit I had a bit of a tricky time with the shading. I couldn't get the direction quite right (which is why the bottom left wing looks a little more radial than the one on the right) but you learn from your mistakes, so I am nonetheless happy with it!

Here's a closeup: 


I used split stitch for the lines and single-thread french knots to fill up those round bits. I almost used satin stitch, but then I remembered my experience with the yellow thingies in Doodleplex  and completely switched gears.
-shudder-

Anywho, Next on Buttaflies: thorax, antennae, and final details!! 

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment