Sunday, November 23, 2014

Embroidery Woes

But first, a more cheerful announcement before I forget:

There is a certain tatting pattern in development that is very near completion. 

I admit that I haven't exactly been working on it around the clock, but I am very very happy with the progress. 

And now, to the woes... 

Within the last few days I've discovered that the screw that tightens my embroidery hoop has become damaged. 
Now, I'm hoping to be able to find a replacement (I honestly haven't been able to look yet), but in the mean time that means that my hoop may not be tight enough to work with.

However, when I realized this, I got stubborn and decided to do at least a little bit anyways.

I managed to finish my little miscellaneous Doodleplex embellishment and use up some spare thread scraps that were too large to stick into my orts jar.

I did also notice that I seem to be rather fond of french knots.

I do have to admit that it was tricky having to pull on the fabric every few minutes--puckering being a definite concern.

However, I feel that it turned out alright in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment