Thursday, November 28, 2013

What could've been...

I've decided to scrap Trumpet.

If you recall, I brought out Trumpet to see how tatting thread would work in needle lace (especially since my eyes suck), this being before my dad brought back a magnifier from Dallas--I used scraps, hence the different colors.

I hate to admit it, but this was one of those that you absolutely dread working on that eventually end up causing a shudder to go down your spine whenever you look at it.

The thicker thread, which was great for visibility ended up making it harder to fill in small places, to get into tight places, etc., etc.... 

So I decided that it was time to lay Trumpet aside.

Speaking of which, I've decided to start a slideshow of all the projects that have either fallen off the map, I've grown to despise, or I've otherwise discontinued working on.

I shall call it: Rest in Pieces (RIP vs. WIP)

First up--This sorry fellow:

I was feeling it, I was really feeling it... and then I wasn't. 
The next thing I knew, it started curving -- but wait, I could try to use it on a Christmas ornament! 
But then it wasn't curving enough. 


But his memory shall live on! 
He's since been scrapped, and his thread reharvested for use in Scrappy.


No comments:

Post a Comment