Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First genuine attempt

Okay, so this time I actually just made something to make it, and to try to get a little fancier. I think it turned out pretty good, and I have to say that it took an insanely long time to make it, what with school and all. Counting only pure labor it took like... somewhere upwards of 15 hours to make (that's a loose estimate) give or take three or four hours--But all together it was somewhere like maybe three weeks or so.

 So, let's see what we have:

The solid areas area a very closely packed whipped buttonhole stitch. The netting is a point d'espagne (single twisted buttonhole stitch) and the edges are just your typical single brussels stitch, except just on the outside of the lace instead of the inside.

The edging was one of two new things that I tried. The second was the thin bars connecting the little loopy things in the middle of the design. Those are called Sorrento bars --> which I will soon post pictures of (really, I already have some sample stitches ready).

All in all, I think it turned out okay. Any comments?



No comments:

Post a Comment